The inaugural stone of the Institute was set up in 2010 and since then the first batch of the college has participated and cooperated to work in unison for the common good. This batch has been with the institute since its inception and has played a critical role for the Institute to take its present shape. With modest infrastructure, they have worked hard and achieved excellence in their academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
They have served as helping hands in the setting up the laboratories and have made sure to volunteer for activities of the institute. In the process they have earned internships in reputed organisation. A number of technical events and cultural events, have been organised by the students to enhance the non-academic interests . With spending years at NIT Goa, they have cultivated skills to match with the ever evolving world from the fields of basic sciences to the technical aspects of their respective disciplines. In order to showcase their understanding of the subject, students have taken up projects in different areas of their departments. As a testimony to their skills and knowledge, students have bagged various prizes at competions being held in other premier institutes.
Some of the notable achievements of this graduating batch are :
1. Vighnesh Birodkar of Computer Science and Engineering Department was selected for the prestigious "Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Program" for the project titled "Revisiting the Rendering System".
2. Abhishek Mishra of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department made it to the list of top 25 teams in the world for Schneider Electric's "Go Green in the City" challenge and represented the institute for the final round in Paris.
3. Goona Nithinkumar of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department got a research paper published in SPIE conference titled "A Novel Method for Design and Development of Magnetic Motor based on Thermal Energy".
4. Aman Kumar Sharma of Electronics and Communication Engineering got selected for the one year long "Google Student Ambassador (GSA)" program.
5. Tejas Raut Dessai of Electronics and Communication Engineering got selected for the Times of India's "I Lead India Youth Brigade - Goa".
6. NIT Goa’s Robotics Team got selected for the IIT Bombay’s MHRD funded ‘e - yantra robotics competition’. They also bagged 1st position in the national level robotics event ‘Automata’ at NITK Surathkal, two years in a row.
With such dynamic and lively spirits, students of the instiute are truly technocrats equipped with qualities to be the next generation leaders of the industry.