Library of the National Institute of Technology Goa is a continuous growing organism with the compact features; document, user and services. Its core objective is to support academics in knowledge generation through different educational activities; teaching and research. It formerly appeared in 2011. It has the qualitative documents on Science, Technology, Engineering, Economics & Finance, Management, Professional Communication and Ethics other subjects. Apart from these core collections, documents on literature and other subjects are also available. Library follows the ‘recommendation method’ to procure the documents, to meet the knowledge needs of academicians. The main focus of the Library is to develop a qualitative collection with the books, journals, digital document, magazines and dailies. Library housekeeping activities are done by using a library automation software. Library reminds and alerts to its users on their transactions and assists them in searching in OPAC and database to save the time.
Library works with the following prime priorities;
· To fulfill the need of information.
· To provide the reading resource to every member.
· To be an active part of the educational programme as resource providing channel.
· To provide the solutions on academic, research and publication arena.
· To provide a fresh support in fulfillment of the goal.